San Francisco City Hall Wedding Photographer
We have photographed more city hall weddings then most wedding photographers out there. We discovered the beauty of this magnificent venue around 10 years ago and have not stopped since. We now know city hall like the back of our hands and can take a bride and groom throughout the building any time of the day or night. When there are special events that might close down part of the building we know where to go to enable us to still get amazing shots. Here is a list of some of our favorite locations and a few comments about each place.
- Mayors Balcony - Great lighting with decent privacy. Sometimes closed off for private ceremonies.
- 4th Floor North Gallery - the most spectacular location for perfect light. Gorgeous photography.
- Grand Staircase - Beautiful backdrop, everyone's favorite. Can get super crowded on Fridays!
- Rotunda - Just OK for wedding photography, but great for city hall ceremonies.
- Third Floor North - Some of the best portrait lighting ever! North facing windows!
- Third Floor South - Direct sun, good for special effects and "wow" shots.
- 2nd Floor Hallway - Fantastic repeating lines with beautiful lamp lighting down the row.
- Private Ceremony Room - Much improved due to renovation, nicely decorated now. Still stuffy.