Livermore Wedding Photographer at the Wineries
We started photographing weddings in the Livermore Wine Country over 15 years ago and have been enjoying them ever since! One of the great things about most of the wineries in this area is that they really cater to weddings and events. Wedding events never seem like an afterthought at the vast majority of wineries that we have photographed in Livermore. Some of our favorites include Wente Vineyards, Garre and the Palm Event Center. Although perhaps not as important to the bride and groom, these 3 wineries have the added advantage that they really work closely with vendors like us. The Palm Event Center even provides a food and water cart for their vendors with free snacks and refreshments. Little things like this really make a difference and certainly is a factor in making the wedding day go smoothly. I have compiled a list of our favorite venues in the Livermore Valley from a wedding photography standpoint. There are also a number of other Livermore Valley wineries that offer wedding events at affordable prices. Please feel free to email us if you feel we have missed something important!
- Palm Event Center - A beautiful venue with LOTS of options for wedding photography. We always love venues that offer nice picture taking opportunities both inside and out and Palm has this in spades! There is the fantastic cellar room for wine enthusiasts and of course the grape vineyards out if front. In addition, there are lovely pathways around the building and then the palm trees that line the main road in to the event center.
- Wente Vineyards - We enjoy the the outdoor picture taking spots better than the indoor options at Wente. However, you can ask to go into their cellar room and they will often let you. There is a large grassy area at Wente with a path that goes clear around it. This makes for a very convenient post-ceremony photo shoot area to take our Brides and Grooms! At certain times of the year, there is also a nice Rose Garden to use as a backdrop.
- Garre Vineyards - Another favorite of ours, especially since they remodeled the whole event center. Garre used to be a winery that offers weddings, now they are largely an event venue with a great facility. From a photography standpoint Garre is definitely above average. Lots of nice little places to use for backgrounds and quite a bit of shade. My only complaint is that the entire outdoor ceremony area is surrounded by parking lots so its almost impossible to shoot a wedding there without cars in the background.
- Casa Real at Ruby Hill Winery - We have photographed 3 weddings here and our results have been fantastic! Another venue that really seems to cater to their vendors. We have 2 favorite wedding photography spots here: The light in front of the building in the little hallway area is amazing at certain times of the day and can be a great place to take the bride and groom. Casa Real also offers very easy access to some very nice looking wine vineyards. They have a strict policy here that prevents wedding couples from going over to the tasting room!
- Murrieta's Well - This very romantic location is tucked away on a hillside with an amazing cellar room that opens up with 2 giant doors. The picture taking options in this area along are spectacular. In addition, the hillside offers beautiful flowers and landscaping. If you are willing to climb up to the top of the hill, there are some nice grape vineyards available for wedding photography.
- Poppy Ridge - Located in Livermore, Poppy Ridge offers incredible views and acres of vineyard land to look at. The inside reception area is fantastic. The only issue at certain times of the year is the lack of shade. It can get hot!
- Elliston Vineyards - It's actually been a few years since I photographed an event at Elliston. Located in nearby Sunol, this venue offers a nice rear patio and a beautiful ceremony site. They no longer allow you access to certain parts of the mansion, which is too bad because it was was lovely spot for wedding photography.